Spring Into March!
Mar 01, 2017
March represents many different things for people. Two of the biggest things celebrated during March are the start of Spring and St. Patrick’s Day- what’s not to love about either one of those?! Below you will find some fun facts and information on both that will help you prepare for the celebrations.
Spring Time Greatness
- Spring, also known as the Vernal Equinox, officially begins on March 20th
- Our clocks will spring ahead for Daylight Saving Time on Sunday, March 12th
- The term Spring or “springtime” refer to the idea of rebirth, rejuvenation, renewal, resurrection and regrowth.
- The season Spring brings with it the ability to start enjoying more outside activities that you may not be able to do in the Winter season. These can include: Camping, Fishing, Flying a Kite, Playing Mini Golf & Starting your garden! More activities can be found here!
All Things Green
- St. Patrick’s Day, commonly referred to as St. Paddy’s Day, is on March 17th
- Corned Beef & Cabbage is a traditional St. Patrick’s Day dish that originated in New York and not Ireland. Find some great Irish recipes here!
- The popularity of Shamrocks and Four Leaf Clovers stems from St. Patrick using these plants to explain the holy trinity to the Irish.
- St. Patrick’s Day cannot be complete unless you are wearing green and everything around you is green! When celebrating, some show their Irish pride more than others. Take a look here!